Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1999:
[aclug-L] OpenGL on Linux

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] OpenGL on Linux
From: John Reinke <jmreinke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:01:28 -0600 (CST)

This is a bit different question from others I've asked in the past. I'm
planning to take a graphics programming class next semester, and from what
I understand, everything will be in OpenGL. Quite honestly, I never paid
attention to graphics programming in the past, so I hardly know how it
integrates with an OS/windowmanager.

Does anyone have experience with OpenGL? It sounds fairly popular. Is it
available for the various Linux distruibutions? Is the source available,
and is it easy to install? I'll continue to look around for info, but
thought this would be a good place to ask.

John