Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Fwd: Jane Fonda's Treasonous activities documented by survivor

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Fwd: Jane Fonda's Treasonous activities documented by survivors
From: Craig Terhune <craigter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:04:12 -0500

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:55:25 -0500
From: "Rebecca Holton" <cbcceo@xxxxxx>

The Treason of Jane Fonda Documented

Folks... I thought we should be sure we never forget the wickedness this woman
did to our Vietnam soldiers and to our country!! God help America if she is
accepted as 100 top women of the century!

It looks like "Hanoi" Jane Fonda may be honored as one of the "100 Women of the
Century." JANE FONDA remembered? She is now the wife of Ted Turner, owner of
CNN.

Unfortunately many have forgotten what this woman did and still countless
others have never known how she betrayed, not only our country, but the
fighting men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam. No matter what anyone
make think about whether that war was right or wrong, what Jane Fonda did was
nothing more than treason.

There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Jane Fonda's
participation in what I believe to be blatant treason, is one of them. Part of
my conviction comes from exposure to those who suffered her attentions.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry
Driscoll, a "River Rat." In 1978, the Commandant of the USAF Survival School
was a former POW in Ho Lo Prison-the "Hanoi Hilton".

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean
PJs, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "Peace Activist" the
"lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was
clubbed, and dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward upon
the camp Commandant's feet, accidentally pulling the man's shoe off-which sent
that officer berserk. For twenty years, the Air Force Colonel still suffered
from double vision (which permanently ended his flying days) from the
Vietnamese Colonel's frenzied application of wooden baton.

>From 1983-85, Colonel Larry Carrigan was the 347FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6
>years in the "Hilton"-the first three of which he was "missing in action". His
>wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned,
>fed, clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit. They,
>however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the
world that they still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with
his social security number on it, in the palm of his hand.

When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking
each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry
you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your
benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her
their sliver of paper. She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of
the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the
POWs, she turned to the officer in charge... and handed him the little pile.

Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number
four. For years after their release, a group of determined former POWs,
including Colonel Carrigan, tried to bring Ms. Fonda and others up on charges
of treason. I don't know that they used it, but the charge of "Negligent
Homicide due to Depraved Indifference" would also seem appropriate. Her obvious
"granting of aid and comfort to the enemy", alone, should've been sufficient
for the treason count. However, to date, Jane Fonda has never been formally
charged with anything and continues to enjoy the privileged life of the rich
and famous. I, personally, think that this is shame on us, the American
Citizenry. Part of our shortfall is ignorance, most don't know such actions
ever took place. Thought you
might appreciate the knowledge. Most of you have probably already seen this by
now...

To whom it may concern:

I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by
the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held for over 5
years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement, one year in a cage in
Cambodia, and one year in a "black box" in Hanoi.

My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female
missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I
buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border. At one time during my
incarceration, I weighed only 90 pounds(my normal weight is 170 pounds).

We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals." When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked
by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with Jane
Fonda. I said yes, for I would like to tell her about the real treatment we
POWs were receiving, which was far different from the treatment purported by
the North Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane Fonda, as "humane and lenient."
Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky
floor on my knees with outstretched arms with a piece of steel placed on my
hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane every time my arms dipped.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours after I was
released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She did not
answer me, her former husband, Tom Hayden, answered for her. She was mind
controlled by her husband. This does not exemplify someone who should be
honored as "100 Years of Great Women."

After I was released, I was asked what I thought of Jane Fonda and the anti-war
movement. I said that I held Joan Baez's husband in very high regard, for he
thought the war was wrong, burned his draft card and went to prison in protest.
If the other anti-war protesters took this same route, it would have brought
our judicial system to a halt and ended the war much earlier, and there
wouldn't be as many on that somber black granite wall called the Vietnam
Memorial. This is democracy. This is the American way.

Jane Fonda, on the other hand, chose to be a traitor, and went to Hanoi, wore
their uniform, propagandized for the communists, and urged American soldiers to
desert. As we were being tortured, and some of the POWs murdered, she called us
liars. After her heroes - the North Vietnamese communists - took over South
Vietnam, they systematically
murdered 80,000 South Vietnamese political prisoners. May their souls rest on
her head forever. Shame! Shame! (History is a heavy sword in the hands of those
who refuse to forget it. Think of this the next time you see Ms. Fonda-Turner
at a Braves game.)

Please take the time to read and forward to as many people as you possibly can.
It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs to know that "we will
never forget". Lest we forget..."100 years of great women"...Jane Fonda should
never be considered.

Please pass this along to everyone you know. Thanks.

In His Service,

Dr. Linton M. Smith Jr.

--
Unwritten man page:
Understanding Linux thru better medication

-- HTML Attachment decoded to text by Listar --
-- File: unnamed

[...]

From 1983-85, Colonel Larry Carrigan was the 347FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6