Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: Sound card problem

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Sound card problem
From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:49:04 -0500

Bruce Bales wrote:

>Almost all computer cards have an FCC ID number on them.  If you go to
>http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/
>the manufacturer's name MAY be found.  The site is not perfect, but may
>help.

The FCC id is 138 MMSN852, but this site doesn't recognize it.

David Carmichael wrote:

>The name 'WaveRider' may make the card a 'SIIG' brand of older 8bit card
and
>may be one of their 'Windows Sound System' cards?

The doc. says it supports "all three major sound standards", one of which is
WSS, but I believe that one is disabled.  I don't have the doc here now,
and I'm a bit confused about the naming of the standards, as they seem
to be called by synonyms in different places.  The other two were, I think,
Sound Blaster and MPU 401.

Since it is so old, and sound cards are relatively cheap, and I suspect
it is broken, maybe I should just buy another and not spend time on this.
But I also sort of hate to give up without understanding what is going on.