Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Free install addendum / Network Install Day

To: aclug-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Free install addendum / Network Install Day
From: Dale W Hodge <dwh@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:00:43 -0500 (CDT)

           Air Capital Linux Users Group of Wichita, KS
                          http://www.aclug.org/

Many people have asked about installing their networking at Saturday's
Free Linux installation. Due to space constraints, we will only be able to
set up basic networking on those machines that we are installing Linux on.

However, a network installation day is in the planning for the near
future. This will be a topic to be discussed at the meeting on Monday
September 27. If you are unable to attend Monday's meeting and would like
to add your input to the decision please visit the web site at
http://www.aclug.org/ACLUG/news and post your response , or email
aclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

If you wish us to set up your networking during the installation, we need
the following information:

For PPP:
--------

  * ISP's phone number
  * ISP's DNS Server
  * your user name
  * your password

(These last two items you can keep confidential if you wish, but you will
have to fill these in when the installation program asks.)

For Existing Ethernet
---------------------

  * Your IP number
  * Your Subnet mask
  * Your default gateway
  * Your DNS server

If you do not know these, or understand what they mean, please wait until
the network install. We will have limited resouces available on Saturday.

Thank you!  - The Aclug Staff -

   __   _
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a