Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] Re: ipchains

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: ipchains
From: Jeff <schaller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 13:33:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, phrostie wrote:

> it is a almost stock 2.0.36
>
> what is the syntax for that?

Ummm, I toasted my ipfwadm rules a couple months ago -- used
to have them commented out.  Check the manpage; the idea
is similar to ipchains, but the flags and names are slightly
different.  Unfortunately, there's a wrapper script to go _from_
ipfwadm _to_ ipchains, but not the other way around. You could look at
that script to get an idea for how things map back and forth, though.

-jeff
--
According to a recent Justice Department report, the number of jailed
Americans more than doubled over the past 12 years. What do you think