Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1999:
[aclug-L] ACLUG Linux Demo Day Cancelled ... Kinda

To: aclug-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: linuxdemo@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] ACLUG Linux Demo Day Cancelled ... Kinda
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:05:29 -0500 (CDT)

Last night at the meeting Jon Hall, Rod Bowers, and me (the three people
bringing planning on bringing computers for this Saturday's Demo Day)
decided to cancel the ACLUG planned demo at WSU.

We came to this decision because since taking over ACLUG from our
departing president John "Roach" Goerzen, we didn't have the time to plan
it like we should, and because inability to find a good location in
time (as CompUSA,Best Buy, and National
Computer wouldn't return our calls)

Instead we are planning on doing a mini-demo at our next free install
(Next Saturday Sept 25 1-5 at our usual WSU location).

And we are planning to do a more public visible demo toward the end of
this year, beginning of the next. We will keep you informed of the
details.

I'd like to thank all the sponsors that gave us great stuff MacMilliam
Publishing, LinuxCare, SuSE and also Linux Central that gave us that cool
looking Faximium cd.

Hopefully for next years Official International Linux Demo Day, we will
have a big demo at a good location.

More Announcements to follow

--
Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC
Co-Dictator-for-Life Air Capital Linux Users Group
Wichita, KS
cabrubak@xxxxxxx
---
G:  All right sir.  See the little box with the row of lights on the front?
    We'll call that the wiggly-diggly.
Cu: Uh-huh.
G:  When the lights on the wiggly-diggly flash rapidly, click on the
    thingamajig, and your doodlybum should open.  Voila!  You're connected.
Cu: Okay ... yeah, I think I got it.  Thanks!
Ch: Say Greg?
G:  Yeah Chief?
Ch: Don't you think that call was a little ... ohh ... precedent setting?
G:  If you're trying to terrify me, it's too damn late.
                                        -- Greg, Customer and The Chief
User Friendly, 6/14/1998