Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] C++ compilers?....

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] C++ compilers?....
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:06:02 -0500

Thanks for those who helped me with my configuration.  The email
everybody answered, I do not know where it got held up at, but it was
submitted almost two weeks ago, and I thought it was gone.  I do not
know if it got generated in root, and stayed there until I logged into
root, or what happened to it.  But, I do appreciate all the help from
it.  You see, I had not been into root since I wrote it.  I have used my
workspace since I got the internet running.  I logged into root to
install a program.  Thanks.

I am wanting to start using the Linux programming enviroment.  Does
linux have an enviroment simular to Visual C++?  I have been kinda
spoiled  by having the premade  modules.  I am also wanting to develope
the software to be part of the Gnome enviroment.  I have Gnome set up
and I really like it!  I want my programs to interact with Gnome, like
they do with Win$-95.  The complete programs must be idiot proof, as
they will be controlling robotic equipment, and very poorly trained
personal will be operating the equipment.  Windows (as much as I hate
them,) does have all the properties in place to design idiot proof
software (as long as the program does not lock up!!)

Michael Holmes