Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1999:
[aclug-L] I is now linux internet! I is happy!!

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] I is now linux internet! I is happy!!
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 13:43:49 -0500

Phooey on plug and pray.  Can we say JUMPERS!!!!  Windows was not happy
with the turn of events, but it adjusted.  After 5 weeks of fighting
with isapnp and playing my sound out on the phone line.  I now have a
fully working Linux box.  And a complete and thorough understanding of
isapnp.  To correct my problem I would have had to redo the Kernel to
conform to my oddball ensonic plug and pray.   This was after four hours
of reading www.plug and pray....  My card was trying to configure after
the Kernel had assigned ttyS0-4.  Thewe was nothing left.  By jumpering
it, the Kernel say it as it was comming up to speed, and assigned the
modem to ttyS3!!!  I pulled out my network card, and I am wondering if I
really want to put it back!  I probabley will later!

Mike