Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] File System Space Error?

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] File System Space Error?
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:38:50 -0500

From: David Carmichael <dec29111@xxxxxxxxx>

>But what is a "File System Not Enough Space Error"?

It means you've used all the space on your partition.

>I was trying to install the WordPerfect for Linux program from the RedHat
>6.0 disc and received the error a error saying something along the lines
of:
>"File system error not enough space on / need 41meg"

This is telling you that the root partition (mounted on directory /) doesn't
have the 41 MB of free space you need to install WP8.  You can either
install it to a different paritition which has more space, or you can
repartition (probably means reinstalling or backing stuff up and restoring)

>Does this mean that I need I need 41 more megs allotted to the '/'
partition
>or what?

Either that or installing WP8 somewhere else.

As someone said, the 'df' command will give the the amount of free space
available on all your partitions.

Greg