Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Samba Question

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Samba Question
From: "Clint A. Brubakken" <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:01:43 -0500 (CDT)

Well its been a couple of weeks but I'll see what I can do.

Later 95, NT, and 98 boxen all have encrypted passwords added.

one possible problem is your smb.conf might not be set for that,

see if
encrypt passwords = yes
is in there.

by default this will probably use /etc/smbpasswd

you may have to create it if it doesn't exist by :

mksmbpasswd  cat  /etc/passwd  |  /usr/sbin/mksmbpasswd  > /etc/smbpasswd

then run smbpasswd to add password for users.

This is what I had to do, but you problem

--
Clint Brubakken
Computer Science Services Group, LLC