Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Linux magazine vol 1 issue 2

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Linux magazine vol 1 issue 2
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:27:13 -0500

i know that borders is still stocking them.
the day this thread started they had both.
but i had LJ at home and was so excited to see a new one
i did not check to see how many (LJ) were there.

phrostie

and yes it is growing.
but many of the engineers at work will only come and ask me questions
if no one else is watching or listening.

it's like they're still afraid that big brother is out there.

John Reinke wrote:

I think it is more likely that stores are selling out of their copies of
Linux Journal. I don't need to remind you that Linux is rapidly growing in
popularity.

In fact, I think ACLUG has the potential to really increase in size right
now, if we wanted it to. With that, we'd need to elect officers, find a
bigger meeting place, and maybe do some things to get noticed in the
community. As Yoda always says, "Never underestimate the power of the
source". We know he was talking about the Linux source...  ;-)

John