Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
[aclug-L] F11, F12

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] F11, F12
From: "James O. Harms" <joharms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:21:58 -0700

Is there a key combination that can simulate F11 and F12 from an AT (84
key) keyboard, which has only F1 - F10.  Turns out that Mandrake Linux
uses F12 quite a bit, so I have changed to a 104 key for now, but would
like to have my AT keyboard back.

Incidentally, RedHat fans might give Mandrake a try.  It is built on
RedHat 6.0, is optimized for Pentium series processors and UDMA drives,
and was by far the most trouble-free Linux install I have ever done.

I'm with Debian as philosophies go.  But the present reality is that
installing Debian can sometimes be a real pain.  And I, for one, hope
this changes soon.

Thanks
joh