Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Re: Windows 2000

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Re: Windows 2000
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 06:22:33 -0500

I like Linux.  I noticed however that there are Southwestern Bell customers
in the group list.  They decided to spend $11,700 to help finance efforts
in Missouri to infringe on the lawful 2nd amendment rights of the residents
there.

I know this isn't a political forum, but we *are* based here on the rights
of people who have purchased software to be able to modify it.  This is
just further evidence of our eroding freedoms.  I'm happy to be able to
live in an area where I don't have to use SWBell for my phones, I certainly
won't use them for my internet service no matter where I live.  $11,700 to
an anti firearm campaign is quite a bit out of the corporate budget.  I
hope your rates don't go up.

Jeff