Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] best price on dimm's

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] best price on dimm's
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 23:00:25 -0600

I can tell you for a fact to avoid Black Lab. I just did business with a memory only place in MN or WI or something like that, but would have to look at the receipt. There is a site that registers complaints, but I can't remember the URL nor was it of great help when I used it. My suggestion is to call their customer service number (just to see if you can get through) and place the order on the telephone (once again, to verify that a human actually exists). Other than that it's definitely "Buyer beware." No worse than anywhere locally, but harder to get satisfaction. If Paragon Computers or Bear Computer systems are on your list, I've had great results with both of them. I'll try, if you'd like, to find the company where I got my last SDRAM (64 MB for ~$80, at Christmas time). Just let me know.

jeff