Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] sound ttyS's

To: AC list <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] sound ttyS's
From: j m wagle <jmwagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 09:26:38 -0600

I still do not have sound, the kernel 2.2.4 gives the following
message:

Serial driver version 4.27 with no serial options enabled
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
ttyS03 at 0x02e8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured

question: could the ttyS01 and ttyS03 using the same irq be a
problem?

note: ttyS3 is my modem, it works with no problems.
      ttyS0 is my mouse, it also works...
any help will be appreciated, my bios says the sound card is on
card01. but it doesn't work at all (in linux, my son said it works
in windoz, but who cares :).

thanks
mike wagle, wichita