Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] Meeting request

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Meeting request
From: John Reinke <ufotofu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 01:26:57 -0600

A while back, there was an attempt to take notes at the meetings and send
the notes out on this list. That worked briefly, but hasn't really happened
since then. Since I have classes at both times the ACLUG meetings occur, I
would REALLY like to see meeting notes for those meetings. Not only is this
helpful for when someone can't attend a meeting, but putting the list notes
on the ACLUG web site (other than just in the mail archives) could be
helpful for many others out on the net. A second reason why this would be a
good idea is that topics that didn't seem to apply or be interesting or
even realistic often become relevant later on, when you wished you had paid
better attention or had taken notes. This would be a good solution for that
as well.

If topics are covered thoroughly, and notes are taken well, we could
probably compile a few tutorials and how-to's. Not only would they be
helpful for others, but we could refer others to it when they ask common,
recurring questions, like how many and what size partitions to use for
Linux.

I would offer to take the notes and type them up, but I'm unable to attend
meetings this semester. I make this plea as the next meeting topic is on
LaTeX, and I will probably need to learn it in order to type up tests and
handouts for a class I'm teaching this summer.

As a group, ACLUG has a lot of experience and knowledge. I think we could
benefit by documenting and organizing this knowledge (other than just in
the mail archives).

Just a few thoughts...

jr