Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Re: stores (was: Printer For Linux!! )

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Re: stores (was: Printer For Linux!! )
From: Nate Bargmann <ka0rny@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 21:35:33 -0600

Greg House wrote:
> What a lousy
> store.  I go in there periodically, since it's right across the street from
> my office, but I can say with some certainty that I don't buy very much
> stuff in there.

Yeah.

In fact I went in there today as I was in that part of town over lunch
and we needed a db9 to db25 cable at work, so I thought I'd look at
there stock and you're right, no Optra E+ anywhere, lots of gaudy home
systems with Winx screensavers, though.  I think they have a gazillion
low end HP and Lexmark ink printers all over the floor and on the
overhead shelves.  Needless to say, one would probably have to go to
Kansas City or Oklahoma City to find one at the internet/mail-order
price.

I'd like to see one on display before I buy, although I trust it is a
high quality unit as we have a couple of Optra R+ printers at work and
they are nice.

- Nate >>

--

 Packet   | N0NB @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM       | "FAILURE IS NOT