Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Good Y2K site

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Good Y2K site
From: John Reinke <ufotofu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 01:13:58 -0600

You might want to look at it again. It really is just making fun of all the
misinformation out there. All the comments about the quotes are about the
people making the quotes. I'm not sure where you found the information
about the authors of the site saying you should head to a bunker, etc. The
links are to verify that people actually said these things, not that they
are right, otherwise the site wouldn't be making fun of them.

Just by the fact that they are giving away heatermeals, "Very handy if the
microwave isn't working for some reason. ;)" shows that the site thinks
it's misunderstood. Believe me, I've had to deal with people that believed
there will be riots worse than L.A., that the IRS will conveniently steal
all our money, all the power will turn off, and all planes will be grounded
for a month. I'm sick of all the cluelessness. That's why I liked this site.

So, be careful, you don't want to be responsible for adding to the
misinformation, too... ;-)

john