Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 1999:
[aclug-L] Question from a Friend!!!

To: Linux User Group <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Question from a Friend!!!
From: Mohammad Islam <sohel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:21:36 -0600

Hello Everybody,

I have a friend who asked me the following question:

"I have ext2 files on a ZIP cartridge, is there any programs
for Win95/98 which would allow me to access the ext2 FS?"

I currently only have my laptop with Win98, my linux box will not be up
for a
while, but I could really do with being able to access my ext2 FS
backups
on ZIP cartridge.

Your help will be most appreciated. Maybe you can forward my query and
get any replies back to me."

If i understand it right, in order for win95/98 to understand/read ex2
FS , it has to have support for it, ie, the OS has to have some type of
filesystem driver that will read a certain type of filesystem. Now i do
not know any utilites/driver that would let my friend do this..should
you have any pointer/suggestion on this one, please reply to the list
and we would greatly apprecviate it.

Thank you.

Mohammed