Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 1999:
[aclug-L] Trying to install netscape.

To: ACLUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Trying to install netscape.
From: Adlen Wilner <awilner@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:31:29 -0600 (CST)

I'm trying to get netscape 4.5 working.
First thing i did was download it from www.netscape.com.
Then I installed. THen I ran it. Couldn't find libc.so.5
After a week of trying symlinks and faqs I found the thing
in the oldlibs directory (I hadda replace the CDROM drive first :-( ) So
now it's complaining about libXpm.so.4.

Well, I'm guessing it's looking for motif, or something.

But, you know, I'm tired of messing around,  I don't want to spend another
week fighting this one, so could someone please just tell me what I need
to install to get Netscape 4.5 working?

Oh, yeah, Debian 2.0, installed by the CheezCzar at the install party last
fall.

Thanks,
Alden Wilner