Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] weird netscape problems...

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] weird netscape problems...
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:02:44 -0600

>it's netscape communicator 4.5 w/ RedHat 5.2 ... it hasn't crashed it
lately,
>but only the logo, search field, and a few other of the "header" items show
>up... i have to keep retyping it in (refreshing doesn't work)...  weird...
>dunno what's goin on...

I never noticed freshmeat having anything like that, but I've seen other web
pages with bad java applets that'd crash Netscape (4.something-or-other on
WinNT).  You might check the Java console.

You might also check to see if RedHat has anything about it on their 5.2
errata page.  Maybe there's an update.

Greg