Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
[aclug-L] How to print text in landscape

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] How to print text in landscape
From: "Bates, Rod" <Rod.Bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:46:52 -0600

How can I print an ascii file in landscape mode, to an
HP Laserjet 5 Si, using the tcp/ip address of the printer?

I am running RH4.2, and use the RH tool to configure
the printer.   There are NT servers doing most of the
printing to this printer, but the administrators of those
don't support my using samba to talk to the servers,
but want me to go to it directly.

lpr works fine for ascii files, but only in portrait.

Rodney M. Bates