Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
[aclug-L] Linux Super Newbie

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Linux Super Newbie
From: jdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:54:52 -0600

Okay, last night I installed Red Hat 5.2 on my PC, worked great.  I think.  Of course I have never seen a real working system...  Okay, I logged in as root and all and have pretty much figured out how to navigate through.  Now where's XWindows?  I type xwindows, x, etc etc.  nothing, and I know I instaled it because I installed EVERYTHING.  And it asked me for the monitor and Vid card settings for it all.  So finally this morning I type x again only this time in caps and up pops this really low resolution (300x400) or something like that with an X on the screen that moves w/ my mouse and that's all it does.  What am I missing here?

Thanks
Jonathan

  \    /
   \__/