Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] fonts...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] fonts...
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:18:04 -0600

The easiest thing is to get PostScript (aka Type 1) fonts.  Most companies
that sell fonts provide them in this format as well, since most
publishing/print shops require that format, as do most non-Microsoft
platforms.  If this is not available, you want xfstt.  This is an X Font
Server, so it can actually serve up TrueType fonts for an entire network.
If you have Debian, it is a Debian package.  Otherwise, you can find it on
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/X11/fonts/.  xfstt is a quite nice solution and
works well.

John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |