Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
[aclug-L] LAN card

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] LAN card
From: Wayne White <wwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:29:55 -0500

I am trying to use a PNP LAN card in my linux box. It is a
Kingston KNE2010LC card. I have been unable to config it in
either dos or linux. It wants to use I/O 0x0300 and IRQ 3.
Problem is linux doesn't recognize it. My modem also uses
IRQ 3 and I think that is the problem. The modem is also
PNP, but I can pull it and change configs with jumpers, I
think. If I did that, would linux be able to see the LAN card?
Also, since sticking the LAN card in my machine hangs at
LI while trying to boot. It will boot from a floppy. Could
that also be caused by the two cards both wanting to use
IRQ 3? The LAN card was a hand-me-down, so I guess I could
replace it, but would rather not spend the money if it can
be made to work. I have e-mailed Kingston, but not heard
back from them yet. A serch of their www site didn't offer
any help.

Suggestions?

Wayne