Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
[aclug-L] Off Topic: Top Ten Signs You Might Be A Sys Admin

To: "ACLUG-list" <ACLUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Off Topic: Top Ten Signs You Might Be A Sys Admin
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 23:04:25 -0500

Top Ten Signs You Might Be A Sys Admin

10. You see a bumper sticker that says "Users are Losers" and you
      have no idea it is referring to drugs.

9.  Your sleep schedule is similar to that of the great horned owl.

8.  You make more than all of the MBAs you know who actually
     finished college.

7.  You have enough computing power in your house or apartment
     to render obscene pictures of upper management people.

6.  Your idea of a social event is going to a non-disclosure
     discussion.

5.  The last time you wore a tie was your high school graduation.

4.  The last time you kissed someone was in high school.

3.  "What?!  No raise?!!  No Backups, then..."

2.  You have a vanity plate on your car that names a part of file
     systems.

And the number one sign you might be a system admininstrator...

1.   You have ever uttered the phrase "I will be working from home
      today so I can avoid wearing pants."