Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] BRAND SPANKIN' NEW HDD!!!!!!!!!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] BRAND SPANKIN' NEW HDD!!!!!!!!!
From: Jeremy Johnstone <jsjohnst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:43:05 -0500 (CDT)

It depends on your distribution. RedHat is probably the easiest. What I do
this the following.

1.) Boot from a rescue disk and don't mount either drive yet
2.) Partition and format new drive
3.) Make two directories on hd "image" called /mnt/drv1 and /mnt/drv2
4.) mount your drives to each dir respectively
5.) copy files from one drive to another
6.) run RPM and V erify the installation of your packages
7.) reboot system from a boot floppy and use root partition as new drive.
8.) reinstall LILO
9.) reboot system and pray everyything works right.