Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] SOS!!! (solved)

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] SOS!!! (solved)
From: "Jesse Kaufman" <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 11:34:48 -0700

thanks...  i keep forgetting about the symbolic links in linux...  i'm too
used to straight-forward DOS...

ok, i recompiled my kernel with sound support...  my only prob is which
sound card to use... i *assume* (can't seem to find the documentation) it is
SB16 compatable, but do not know for sure...  how do i go about checking if
sound is up and running?
i would like to get this going as my next project (Samba is being put off
until the quadnet is up), because i am going insane w/o my 40+ Barenaked
Ladies bootlegs!!!  : ^ )

also, sometime, i would like some help with my printer...   i have an Epson
Stylus COLOR 400, and i'm having a problem w/ printing.  i finally figured
out how to make it print in 720x720dpi (woohoo!!!) and in high-quality
text...  the only problem is that the margines are all screwed up when i
print the RH test page...  the top (which is supposed to start at .5")
starts at about .25" (or where ever my printer can start printing).  how can
i adjust this so it moves the whole page down about .25"?  the bottom, then
stops at about .75", instead of .5"...  this will soon be pressing, as i
will most likely have buttloads of papers to write here @ good ol' TC.

thanks,
jesse