Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1998:
[aclug-L] [humorix] Secret Diary of Linus Torvalds Unleashed (fwd)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] [humorix] Secret Diary of Linus Torvalds Unleashed (fwd)
From: Cheez-Czar <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:19:38 -0500 (CDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:23:10 -0500
From: James Baughn <jbaughn@xxxxxxx>
To: humorix@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [humorix] Secret Diary of Linus Torvalds Unleashed

Secret Diary of Linus Torvalds Unleashed

Linux
enthusiast named "Linus T." has unleashed a secret diary of the beloved
hacker.  The webmaster says, "The guy who maintains the Bill G. diary
site sold
a book and made a lot of money.  I want some of that!"

Some excerpts from the Secret Diary website:

"...I went to Barnes & Noble today and saw two new books about Linux.
Yes!"

"...Linux Standards Association?  Here I thought Microsoft was evil..."

"I saw some media people dumpster diving behind Transmeta's offices.
They
won't find anything there except some old pizza boxes.  Ha ha!
Transmeta's
product is even more tightly guarded than the Windows source code.  Of
course,
if they'd just think about it, they'd realize what we are doing.  It's
so
obvious..."

"What's this joke on the Segfault site about me downloading myself into
energy?  And a Missouri town changing its name to 'Linux'?  Those
Segfault
writers are crazy..."

"I overheard an argument about how to pronounce Linux.  What a waste of
time.
Everyone knows that Linux is pronounced 'Not Windows'..."

"As fast as new kernels get released, it's a wonder Linux doesn't
include a
kitchen sink yet..."

[1] http://billg.org

---