Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Woohoo! video problems fixed!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Woohoo! video problems fixed!
From: Cheez-Czar <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 10:40:30 -0500 (CDT)

I'm not sure about caldera , but must linux have a group of HOW-TOs and
mini HOW-TOs at /usr/doc/HOWTO
or you can get the newest at ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/
there is both a sound and printing how-to.
As sound requires recompiling the kernel (except for Redhat 5.* which had
modules pre-compiled) you should alos get the Kernel how-to.

I found reading those answered most of my questions and it saves time from
waiting for a response from the mailing list.

If you have any question after reading those we can help, but a big part
about being a succesful linux user, is being able to find the answer
yourself.

Or as is somewhat less eloquently said RTFM.

| The Cheez-Czar  http://www.cs.twsu.edu/~cabrubak     |