Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: announce: April 2001:
[announce] Aclug Meeting: Monday April 16: Database Backed Websites

To: <announce@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [announce] Aclug Meeting: Monday April 16: Database Backed Websites
From: "Info" <info@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:41:51 -0500

             Air Capital Linux Users Group of Wichita, KS
                          http://www.aclug.org/

Event Summary
-------------
http://www.aclug.org/events/

 * Saturday, April 14, 2001 - Linux Demo @ Saturday Sale
 * Monday, April 16, 2001 - Intro to Database Backed Websites
 * Monday, April 30, 2001 - Linux Agenda PDA - Tentative
 * Saturday, May 12, 2001 - Linux Demo @ Saturday Sale
 * Monday, May 14, 2001 - Single Floppy Firewall/Routers - Tentative

Contact:  info@xxxxxxxxx

Meeting
Location: 7:00/7:30 PM in 260 Jabara Hall at Wichita State (details below)
          This event is free and open to the public.  Please forward this
          message to anyone you feel may be interested in attending.

In This Bulletin
----------------

 * Aclug Meeting Details

 * Saturday Sale Details

 * Other Business:

 * Meeting schedule

 * Contacts, Background information on ACLUG, and miscellaneous

Linux Demo @ Saturday Sale: Saturday, April 14, 9AM - 3PM

The ACLUG Staff is continuing to Demo Linux at the Saturday Sale, which is
held on the second Saturday of each month. We will be educating people
on why they should consider Linux as an alternative to Windows 9x and
Windows 2000. As always, we will have copies of various distributions
available for $5 per CD.

Please consider dropping by and lending your support at the Demo.

Aclug Meeting: Monday, April 16: Intro to Database Backed Websites

Tonight's  meeting is an Introduction to Database Backed Websites. This
meeting will be a general overview of how a dynamic website can be built
utilizing Open Source webservers and databases.

John Alexander will present tonight's topic.

Aclug Meeting: Monday, April 30: Linux Agenda PDA - Tentative

This meeting is tentatively scheduled to cover the Linux based Agenda PDA.
(Personal Digital Assistant)

Linux Demo @ Saturday Sale: Saturday, May 12, 9AM - 3PM

The ACLUG Staff is continuing to Demo Linux at the Saturday Sale, which is
held on the second Saturday of each month. We will be educating people
on why they should consider Linux as an alternative to Windows 9x and
Windows 2000. As always, we will have copies of various distributions
available for $5 per CD.

Please consider dropping by and lending your support at the Demo.

Aclug Meeting: Monday, May 14: Single Floppy Firewall/Routers

This meeting is tentatively scheduled to cover single floppy based
firewall/routers.  We hope to have Ken Frazier here to demonstrate
the FrazierWall Linux router.

Other Business
--------------

If you have suggestions for a future Workshop, or a topic for a future
meeting, please feel free to send your suggestions to info@xxxxxxxxx

Meeting Schedule
----------------

Meetings are typically held every other Monday at 7:00/7:30pm in 260
Jabara Hall on the campus of Wichita State University.  A sign will be
posted outside Room 260 in the event that we need to meet elsewhere.
Details on the event schedule and upcoming events can be found at
http://www.aclug.org/events/; maps can be found at
http://www.aclug.org/maps/.

7:00PM to 7:30PM is reserved for open discussion. 7:30PM to 7:45PM we will
cover old and new business, and make announcements of upcoming ACLUG
events.

Our regular presentation will begin after the announcements, at
approximately 7:45. Of course, if you can make it at 7, you're encouraged
to stay for the whole program.  You are welcome to arrive at either 7 or
7:30.

Further details will be posted to the aclug-announce mailing list; you can
subscribe for free at http://www.aclug.org/mailinglists/.

About the Air Capital Linux Users Group
---------------------------------------

ACLUG was created in early 1998 as a group to help people discover
better ways to take advantage of modern computing through the use of
Linux.  All ACLUG events are free; we have hosted many free Linux
installation events, during which Linux was installed on dozens of
computers for no charge.  We would like to show the benefits of Unix
operating systems such as Linux to as many people as possible.  ACLUG
members range from people just starting out with computers and Linux
to those that have written parts of the Linux system or are doing
computer research under the Linux platform.

ACLUG would like to show you the benefits of Linux for home and
business use.  Feel free to attend one of our meetings or ask
questions about Linux at help@xxxxxxxxx.  You may also examine the
archives of previous discussions on our discussion lists at
http://www.complete.org/mailinglists/archives/ or join the list;
Announcements for upcoming ACLUG meetings and events will always be sent
first to the aclug-announce mailing lists.