Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: announce: October 1998:
ACLUG news, possible upcoming Free Linux Installation

To: aclug-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ACLUG news, possible upcoming Free Linux Installation
From: John Goerzen (ACLUG) <aclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Oct 1998 08:01:46 -0500

Hello!

Thanks to everyone that came to our meeting yesterday.  I think we
covered a great deal of things, and had a lot of participation and
discussion.  It's glad to see ACLUG catching on!

Our next meeting will be Monday, October 19.  I'll be sending out a
more formal (that is, longer <g>) announcement shortly.  There are three
topics planned: 1) an overview of the different graphical interfaces
available for Linux, comparisons; 2) an overview of the different
Linux distributions and comparisons between them; and 3) [time
permitting] a brief discussion of the legal issues surrounding things
like KDE.

There have been several people asking for another free Linux
installation yet this fall.  I'm a bit reluctant to schedule another
one without first knowing if there is sufficient interest to have two
of them so close together.  So if you are interested, please send an
e-mail to me.  If we do go ahead with another free Linux installation,
the *tentative* plan is to have it on either Monday, November 30
(immediately following the Thanksgiving holiday) or on Saturday,
December 5.  (Perhaps the Saturday date would be more convenient for
some people that can't make it during the week.  Let me know.)

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |