Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2009:
problems resolved, yay!

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: problems resolved, yay!
From: "David L. Emerson" <demerson3x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:01:19 -0700

Hey there,

just wanted to write and say "thank you" for fixed bugs! The git version
is working great, and based on the messages I've been reading, I think
I may try it out with gmail.

I'd been using 5.99.4 for a long time, much because of a bug which
called os.makedirs even though the target new directory already existed
(which of course caused a crash). I was lazy to get a new version
because I didn't want to have to re-implement my own fix again... but I
didn't have to!

Another really nice surprise is that offlineimap is no longer crashing
all the time! It used to sometimes crash dozens of times when
downloading 100 messages. So I no longer need that silly wrapper script
to restart it (and detect which folder it was choking on so as not to
rescan all the finished folders every time!) The new one hasn't crashed
on me yet (well, except when I resize the xterm, making it too small
for the curses interface, but that's no big deal)

Cheers,
David.