Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2009:
Re: Use offlineimap to merge different imap mailboxes to one?

To: Kent Boortz <Kent.Boortz@xxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Use offlineimap to merge different imap mailboxes to one?
From: Stewart Smith <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:40:05 +1100

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 02:18:29PM +0100, Kent Boortz wrote:
> Without going into how, I have managed to totally mess up my saved
> emails when merging from one imap server to another. Some mails got
> migrated over, others did not. And I even managed to create the
> situation that some emails are on one imap server, some on the other,
> and some on both.
To get mail from both into one and then remove duplicates i would do:

- get a copy of both accounts into local (but sep) maildirs
- move OldMaildir/cur/* to NewMaildir/cur/
- run remove_duplicates_from_maildir.pl hack that I made (attached)
- run offlineimap to sync the new messages to the new imapd

--
Stewart Smith

-- Type: text/x-perl