Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#16811) Issue tracking system for Freeciv

To: s1kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#16811) Issue tracking system for Freeciv
From: "Jason Dorje Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 01:21:49 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

>>> My guess is that people today are just so used to the web, things like
>>> Usenet or mailing-lists are going the way of the dodo. Being replaced
>>> by blogs, forums and whatnot.
>> I remembered another thing. Not having incoming email may actually be good
>> for
>> several reasons:
>> * less spam.
>
> It has been very neat to be able to send new tickets as email to RT.
> However, this feature has become less and less useful as the amount of
> spam has increased, and we, or at least I, have become more careful not to
> post the (real) email address to RT in public.

That is true.  Without any spam blocking, allowing new tickets to be
created through email leads to a hideous number of spam tickets.

Honestly I don't care what bug tracker we use.  Whatever is there, I
will use it.

What bug tracker software does debian use?  I only use it as a bug
reporter, but it seems rather convenient...

-jason