Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#16811) Issue tracking system for Freeciv

To: s1kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#16811) Issue tracking system for Freeciv
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 00:14:32 -0700

On Thu, 4 May 2006, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
>>> Incoming email seems to me to be a very crucial feature for a bug
>>> tracker.  I don't understand how anyone can choose a bug tracker that
>>> doesn't have it over one that does.
>>
>> My guess is that people today are just so used to the web, things like
>> Usenet or mailing-lists are going the way of the dodo. Being replaced
>> by blogs, forums and whatnot.
>
> I remembered another thing. Not having incoming email may actually be good for
> several reasons:
> * less spam.

It has been very neat to be able to send new tickets as email to RT.
However, this feature has become less and less useful as the amount of
spam has increased, and we, or at least I, have become more careful not to
post the (real) email address to RT in public.

So I do not consider this an absolutely mandatory feature.

   - Per