Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2009:
Re: Last two patches

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Last two patches
From: Christoph Höger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 16:30:56 +0200

Hi,
Am Freitag, den 04.09.2009, 15:50 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Sebrecht:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 11:24:23AM +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
>
> hi,
>
> > Those two patches are essentially the dynamic plugin feature again plus
> > a small HACKING file which documents how to use it (not too hard).
> > Any other hacking related stuff could go in there too.
>
> The patches are broken in two ways:
> - the encoding is wrong;

Yeah. That is due to a bad habit of git format-patch I could fix that.

> - the line wrapping of mutt made the patches unusable.

I have no idea where that comes from. Emails sent to myself for testing
worked just fine. This must be the list management software somewhere.

> Also (the most important FMPOV), the first patch do more than 1800
> insertions and 1000 deletions. Nobody will review such a patch. Could
> you please consider to split this patch?

Hnn. That is true. But the patch mainly moves files instead of changing
them. There seems to be no way to express that as a simple patch.
I do not see a point in making patches for every single moved file.

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil