Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2008:
What when content of an email is changed after sync?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: What when content of an email is changed after sync?
From: Daniel Meszaros <spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:59:40 +0100

Dear all,

I am using OfflineIMAP already for a while and I am quite happy with it.
Now I would like to introduce that on some other system as backup system.

My idea is to have the mailboxes synced onto the backup IMAP server once
a day. The clients of the original server shall then delete the
attachments off the old email but the backup IMAP server should still
keep emails unchanged.

After the next sync with OfflineIMAP the backup'ed mail should not
change it's size and content according to the original.

Though, if mail is deleted on one of the servers the synchronization
should then also delete the mail off the backup.

The original mail server will be Exchange 2003 and the backup will
possibly run with Dovecot.

Is this possible?

CU,
Daniel.