Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2008:
Nested Folders: sep = /

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Nested Folders: sep = /
From: Michael Witten <mfwitten@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:08:48 -0500

I like the idea of having OfflineIMAP organize
my folders into a hierarchy rather than having
a flat list of folders of the form This.Is.A.Folder.

However, what does good practice dictate?

Are there any problems with nested maildirs?

What if I inadvertently create Some.Folder.new?
won't that conflict with the Maildir format?

Basically, what wisdom does your experience provide?

Thanks!
Michael Witten