Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2008:
OfflineIMAP 5.99.15 and project updates

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP 5.99.15 and project updates
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 12:20:47 -0500

Hi Folks,

OfflineIMAP 5.99.15 is up at the usual places.  The LocalStatus bug
introduced in about 5.99.4 is now finally eradicated (at least the
problem is gone for two people).  Thanks to Martin F. Krafft for
setting me on the right track for fixing it.  That took way longer
than I expected.  If no big problems are found in the next week or
two, I hope to release it as 6.0.0.

Now, on the project meta-updates...

For a short time, there were web forums on the OfflineIMAP homepage.
Due to confusion with some people (included one person who sent me a
rude email complaining that he never got a reply, and insisting that
he posted to the mailing list even after I pointed out that he didn't,
and that he had ignored the big bold warning on the forums suggesting
to use the mailing lists instead), I have removed the web forums from
OfflineIMAP.  Instead of becoming a new useful resource, it was just
confusing and fracturing.  The majority of OfflineIMAP discussion
clearly has been taking place here.

Secondly, I continue to fight a losing battle of spending less time on
OfflineIMAP.

I greatly appreciate the efforts of several people -- especially
Vincent Beffara, Martin F. Krafft, Daniel Jacobowitz, Eric Dorland,
and several others -- to submit patches to fix bugs or add features to
OfflineIMAP.

I have a young son and frankly not a lot of time to work on
OfflineIMAP, so I continue to try to slip into the role of Linus-like
patch integrator instead of primary author.  I am *very* happy to help
explain code to people that would like to contribute a patch.   Please
ask here on the mailing list so that the answer can benefit others,
too.