Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2007:
Evolution Mistake

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Evolution Mistake
From: Carlos Moffat <carlos.lst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:04:50 -0400

Hi,

I was trying offlineIMAP (it works great!) but I made a mistake I'm
trying to recover from:

I'm trying to create a copy of an email account that will shortly cease
to exist. Everything went fine, except I forgot to add the 'sep = /' so
that I could use the local copy with Evolution.

Instead of starting over, I made the mistake of just adding the option
to the configuration file and running offlineIMAP again. Big mistake. I
notices tons of files being deleted (which I think is the expected
behaviour). I stopped the program inmediately. I noticed the local copy
still has all the emails, while tons of stuff is missing from the server
now.

So my problem is I have a healthy local copy of my email I'd like to
restore, but I can't read it with evolution because they were saved with
the wrong 'sep' option. And obviously the server stuff is not good
anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Carlos