Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2002:
OfflineIMAP doesn't seem to be using SSL...

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP doesn't seem to be using SSL...
From: Cristiano Reis Monteiro <cristmon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:52:11 -0200

Hello John and folks,

I've spend part of my weekend testing offlineIMAP, it is exactly what
I'm looking for, thanks !!

But, I have a question: I'm a security paranoid, and I'll only use it if
it really works over SSL, I've tried offlineIMAP with the key:

"ssl =3D yes"

But, unlike similar programas, it doesn't ask me for the SSL
certificate, nor it download the certificate from the IMAP server. In
fact, it seems to be making an normal, unencrypted connection to the
IMAP server...

How can I force offline IMAP to only make SSL connections ? how can I
force it to load an specified .pem file or download the certificate from
the server ?

The IMAP/SSL server I'm using is working perfectly, I'm able to connect
to it through SSL with diferent mail clients/sync tools, for example:

Mozzila: Automagically downloaded and installed the SSL certificate

Ximian Evolution: Similar to Mozilla

isync: Allow me to specify the full path to the SSL certificate, and
warns me when I try to connect without the certificate.

Thanks in advance.

- Cristiano

--=20
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
---+
  /^\__/\                               | Pensamento do dia:
 /'     , :  "Conhecimento n=E3o =E9 crime!"| "Se voc=EA n=E3o gostou do Li=
nux ent=E3o
~   / o   o                             | voc=EA n=E3o o configurou correta=
mente"=20
/   ,      \ cristmon@xxxxxxx           |=20
 (  `- ..__" Ci=EAncia da Computa=E7=E3o-UFBA |=20
    '  /'    http://cristiano.dhs.org   |=20
---+