Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: Where to from here?

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Where to from here?
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:16:35 -0400

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:50:09AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> What features would you like to see?  Any ideas of future directions for the
> program?

I'd like to repeat my hooks feature; hooks into various parts of the process
to do things you never imagined offlineimap could do. My SpamAssassin scan
is just the start.

> Now that the "fast and furious" development has mostly ended, it becomes
> more feasible to open up CVS for write access to more people.  I think the
> architecture is nor mostly stable.  Matrijn Pieters suggested a -checkins
> list, which I will try to set up by Monday.  I think that's going to be a
> prerequisite to having many people with CVS write abilities.

*Nod* *Nod*. Zope development heavily relies on mailinglist notifications;
with the number of external contributors rising this is more
mission-critical than ever.

>  * I think the GUI display of the threads could be better but I'm not sure
> how.

How about a much smaller window with a bunch of LEDs blinking in various
colours? Mouse-over on any of these and a status field shows what the thread
is doing.

--
Martijn Pieters