Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: Measure the human

To: Kenn Munro <kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv list <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Measure the human
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:09:54 +0100

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:29:23PM -0500, Kenn Munro wrote:
> I got Republic at 2500 BC.  My strategy:
> 1) build first city towards the west, on the grassland near the whale
> and gems
> 2) build the second city to the south, on the plains near the wine
> 3) disband the explorer in the 2nd city, to help with production
> 4) make both cities build settlers
> 5) choose writing as 2nd tech, to allow library
> 6) when the capital has finished settlers, make it build library
> 7) build third city near whale
> 8) make cities build coinage, and buy the library in the capital
>
> Savegames (not every turn) are available at
> http://kenn-michelle.ca:8080/freeciv.  If required, I can do it again
> and save every turn.  I used version 1.13.0.

Can you please try again with 1.14.something and without any buildings
(I missed that one before).

Results so far: 31 turn (Gregory), 32 turns (Thomas), 33 turns (Per's
AI) and 37 turns (John).

Gregory's solution was also the one which used the minimal number of
cities (only 3).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "If at first you don't succeed... well so much for skydiving."