Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: log and learn

To: Spookje <cnijhuis@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: log and learn
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:52:11 +0200

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:56:16PM +0200, Spookje wrote:

> Hi people!
>
> I have played with freeciv around lately, and it is very nice, but I wondered
> about one thing I couldn't find info about anywhere:
>
> To my knowing there is so far no way to replay and view all details of a game
> (that might be finished), including all decisions all the players have made,
> and the available information for each player at that time.
>
> If one just logs all the requests coming to the server, all there is to know
> about a game should be available.
>
> I think it could be interesting to have this feature: one could let an
> experienced player review a game of novice players, or publish games
> of the civilization giants so others can learn more about the game.
>
> I can't imagine this hasn't been discussed before but really I can't find it
> anywhere.

Gamelog ("explain gamelog" at the server prompt) writes down certain
key events in a text file. The format and content of this file can and
should be improved. There is also scorelog. And people have written
scripts which make an animated gif from a series of savegames.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Microsoft does have a year 2000 problem. I'm part of it. I'm running Linux.