Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2002:
[Freeciv] keyboard driven freeciv?

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] keyboard driven freeciv?
From: Britton <fsblk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:00:11 -0900 (AKST)

Is there a way to allow the goto command to accept keyboard directions
where to go?

In general, it would be great if freeciv allowed a bit more keyboard
control.  Its pretty good already.  Besides goto, the other notible
exception I can think of is the build list.  There are too many choices
for selecting between them with the arrow keys to be efficient.  If every
buildable think had a one or two letter code which would automaticly
select them for building, that would be better.

As long as I'm making suggestions, how about a way to beep the other
players in the chat area before the game starts?  I sometimes end up
missing people while doing other things waiting for players to show up.

Thanks again for Freeciv,
Britton Kerin