Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Two problems (Granary problem, City problem)

To: Vladimir Niksic <vniksic@xxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Two problems (Granary problem, City problem)
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:46:51 +0100

Am Sonntag, 18. November 2001 21:25 schrieb Vladimir Niksic:
> Sometimes I get this weird bug, that after playing a couple of
> hours (multiplayer, or single player) that I can't enter one of my
> cities. This problem almost always occurs. I click on the city I
> want to enter, and I just can't enter to build or do anything else.
> This happens without any kind of warning. The city is not occupied,
> nor rebellious. What could be the problem?

You probably have that city window opened before, and accidental
moved it in the background (behind the main window). So use your
window manager (Alt-Tab in KDE) to get it visible again.

> Second, I just got a wierd message today from the game:
> Game: Canterbury is building Granary(*), which is no longer
> available. Now, I've always been an expert on Civ1, and some Civ2
> knowledge, but I have never had problems of this kind. I suddenly
> can't build any granaries, that be new or old cities. My friend
> that was playing with me said he could build granaries normally.
> Is, this a bug, or am I missing something, I have discovered
> Pottery a long time ago.

You probably have conquered a city with the pyramids wonder in it -
now you don't need granaries any more. The message is a bit
misleading, it's just a warning, and, yes, maybe it's a bug that
you can't build granaries, because it could happen that you loose
Pyramids again (the city).

> I apologise if there is something I've done wrong in the developing
> my civilisation, so I can't build granaries. If that is the case,
> can someone please correct me?

not at all.

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *