Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2001:
[Freeciv] PocketPC version of Free Civ

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] PocketPC version of Free Civ
From: Jennifer Glover <barmaid@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:13:17 -0400 (EDT)

Funny that this comes up, as I am currently working on a version of FreeCiv
for the Pocket PC.  I have the server running, but haven't started the
client.  I was planning on merging the client and server GUIs to one GUI,
but keeping most of the code the same.  Basically, there would be a few
dialogs for the server commands/options along with all the client ones and
the one GUI would just push the messages to the server or client.  I did not
try to port the windowing libraries that Free Civ depends on now and was
planning on using native GDI calls.

I am finding this to be a pretty big task, and would love to work with some
other people and share ideas.

Jenn

P.S. the iPaq rules!