Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: How do I repair ships and air units?

To: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How do I repair ships and air units?
From: Scott Davis <scott.davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:02:53 +0930 (CST)

> > Hi.
> >
> > How do I repair ships and air units?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > -- Nathan
>
> One good way to learn tips and tricks is to consult the online help
> available in the client. It contains the latest data and
> covers all Freeciv rules. Otherwise, you will
> have to send many many mails to the freeciv mailing list.

I agree, but the help system needs a random-access index which is not present
(in the Xaw client, 1.10.0 anyway), and perhaps some hyperlinking between
pages.

The help system contents is useful if the question is "What does an Airport
do, and what technology do I need to build one?", but it's pretty difficult
for questions such as "How do I repair air units?" or "What is farmland and
how do I create it?" or "What is a trade route?"

Scott