Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2000:
[Freeciv] workinglist for units

To: "Freeciv-Forum" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] workinglist for units
From: "Michael Kiermaier" <michael.kiermaier@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:43:46 +0200

What do you think about a workinglist option for units?

This would solve the problem discussed on [freeciv-dev] that a diplomat/spy
can be killed during the player chooses what to do in a city - you simply
set on the workinglist:
goto XY
start revolt

Furthermore, this feature would be a good alternative for the not so clever
auto-settlers.

Maybe also the following commands should be included:
auto-connect (two squares whith roads or railway)
auto-irrigate (a square: find the nearest water source and irrigate
automatically all necessary sqares)

Imagine this situation:
You want a settler to build two roads on your city squares and then to build
a new city. If there are a lot of settlers around it may happen that you
forget to build the city. With a workinglist you tell the settler once what
to do and then you do not have to think of it any more.

Moreover, I suggest that this option should be available for units which are
on the workinglist of a city / which are still built. So a city workinglist
could look like this:
build a phalanx and fortify
build a settler who will build two roads and then another city 3 squares
away (the example above)
build a caravan and establish a trading route with city XY
build a settler who will auto-settle (thinkable, too!),
and so on...

I hope that this topic was not discussed before,
~michael